Saturday, January 30, 2010

Random Updates

So, you know how women supposedly get that "glow" about them? Yeah, that "glow" in my case is oily skin and it gives me pimples. These hormones are wiping me out and breaking me out! Stupid hormones. Oh well, the first trimester is drawing to a close, so things will hopefully level out for the second trimester. I'm taking the kids with me to my appointment on Feb. 11th. That's how they are going to find out they are getting a little brother or sister! Then expect a mass text message because that's how we are going to officially announce it. Much less anxiety that way. I even contemplated sending the text, then turning the phone off! lol

In other news, Jared is sick today and it's Megan's birthday party. I'm thinking about leaving him home. He could use the rest (and unlike me would actually rest if left alone for a while), but I don't know if he'll do it. He feels bad. Kayleigh caught this one and passed it on.

Kayleigh will be in a daycare/preschool situation in April so that she can get used to going to school and I can get a couple of hours more sleep after working swing shift for the IRS. I think she's going to like it, but she's going to be exposed to so many germs! Megan was sick all the time in daycare, but never gets sick anymore.

Megan was student of the month at school! She was so proud! It was neat to go and surprise her at school during the awards ceremony. Then, I walked her back to class. She was in a HUGE hurry because she left right after pencil sharpening and she had some work to catch up on! It was pretty funny. She wants to go to the GATE school next year. I'm going to be looking into that. She's tested high enough to go, but I don't know if they have any openings, so we're going to have to get that started!

Well, I better go find my camera so I can post pictures of Meg's party today!

7 comments:

JME said...

I'll tell everyone if you want... LOL! I can't even imagine what my horrible skin will turn into once I'm pregnant. No good. So, what do you think you are having... boy or girl??? I wonder... :)

Sorry to hear that Jared is sick. Hope he gets well quickly. That boy always seems to get sick. He needs to improve his health!

Yay for Kayleigh starting preschool; she should love it! And hooray for Meg's student of the month accomplishment! She rocks! That would be sweet if she got into GATE! Good luck :)

Love ya!

Melnyrose said...

LOL I could just be like, "Hey, Everybody, Jaime has an announcement to make!" :) I'm not sure yet. I was talking to my wonderful therapist about how I was feeling and she guessed boy because I'm having different symptoms, but who knows??

As far as the skin stuff goes, it's because of all of the hormones! It usually calms down around the second trimester, though. It's just the first three months that are rough!

Yes, Jared needs to start eating the green stuff! I caught it from him and I'm already getting better! Vitamins and good for you food can do a lot when it comes to not getting sick!

JME said...

Hahaha... if you said I had an announcement, everyone would think I was pregnant.

I'll be happy with a new niece or nephew, but we do need a little boy in the fam :)

Melnyrose said...

LOL. I remember the time you April Fooled your mom that you were pregnant. I wonder how she would react this time! Better not get their hopes up yet. ;)

We are kind of dominated by the girls, aren't we? I'll probably find out around April whether or not it's a boy or a girl.

Annie said...

hey you- im sure your glow is gorgeous! stop being so hard on yourself and just ENJOY it! EMBRACE the OILS! lolololol
i love you- rub your tummy for me!

Melnyrose said...

Thanks, Annie! I'll try and embrace those oils! Ha ha! I'll rub my tummy, but there's no bump yet! :)

JME said...

hehe... yes, that April Fool's joke worked so well. It's about time for round two... maybe we'll try it again. What do ya think? It's been quite a while... may work again (evil plotting... buaaahahahhaahaah)!