Ok, we are officially going to Disneyland in January. The kids have 3 weeks off for Christmas and we are going to get a So Cal annual pass for the family so we get at least 2 trips to Disney next year. We used to go once a year, but we haven't been there since Con was only 2 months old!
So, I have been pricing things to see how much money needs to be saved up. We are aiming for a week in Disney, so a huge chunk of change needs saving. Luckily, Jared is getting some side work from Wawona. I know it is going to be a lot easier once we stop the summer activities and stick close to home until January! The other plus is that the kids are going to ask Santa for a season pass to Disneyland this year. Whew!
Because I have been pricing everything, I have been on the Disneyland website a LOT. I am looking at blackout dates, checking prices, and looking into hotels. I don't know if I will ever stay at a Disney property, but my dream of the moment is to stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn. It is LITERALLY right across the street from the main entrance. It is a shorter walking distance than the Disney Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel. I am all about short walking distances, people!
Let's just say we were going today. Let's pretend that it's NOT busy. They open at 8 am, so I would have gotten up at 6:30 to get myself ready. At 7 am I would wake everyone else up and get some food in their tummies (because I rarely eat breakfast in the park) pack the kids a lunch (because they don't appreciate fine foods), get them dressed, and hopefully by 7:45 we will be out the door. I feel like that could work because we get everyone out the door for school within 30 minutes during the school year!
8 a.m. - We get a fast pass for star wars (do they still have a fast pass for star wars?)
- We ride Space Mountain
- We ride Star Tours (saving the fast pass for when it's really busy)
- We get a fast pass for Space Mountain (when it comes up)
- We ride Buzz Lightyear (the ride I have been riding with Connor because I hate Space Mountain!)
9:30 a.m. - We head to Pirates of the Carribean! My favorite ride!
- We get a fast pass for Splash Mountain!
- We ride Big Thunder Mountain railroad and maybe the Jungle Cruise.
- We get a fast pass for Indiana Jones
11:00 a.m. - Let's hit the Matterhorn! The Matterhorn has no fast pass. This is rarely an issue because that line moves quite quickly!
- Let's hit Small World! (another fast moving line)
- Let's ride the tea cups (but don't spin it too fast. i will barf)
12 p.m. Looking at the entertainment schedule I think this would be a great time to visit Big Thunder Ranch. There's a Jamboree from 12:15 to 12:40! Complete with the musical genius of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies! Jared loves that band. :) We can eat lunch after. I will force my family to trek out to Adventureland for Bengal Cafe. Banyon Beef Skewers and Tiger Tails, please! The kids can have their packed lunch.
1 p.m. We can get any additional fast passes depending on our mood. Ride Big Thunder Mountain. This is when I would ride Splash Mountain. Then go take a nap at the hotel!
4 p.m. - We are back! Let's go do Star Tours again! Buzz Lightyear is calling us! Hey Jared and the kids, go ride Space Mountain! We are well rested and there for when people start getting tired. Tired? Ha! We took a nap while Disney was the busiest!
6 p.m. Who's hungry? I am! Let's have some dinner. Meg can have her fancy corn dog. So can Jared. I am going to have clam chowder in bread bowl. Kayleigh and Con are having chicken nuggets. yum yum!
7 p.m. What do you mean we haven't ridden Haunted Mansion yet? Let's go! Let's go ride Winnie the Pooh, too! Pirates is waiting for me! Let's ride that twice! Do we have a fast pass available? Let's get one for Big Thunder. That will be fun when it gets dark!
8:30 p.m. Ok, better get our spot for the fireworks! We can eat a snack and sit and wait for the fun to begin! We can talk about what our favorite parts of the day were. Let's see what we should ride next. What do you mean you want to ride Space Mountain again? Oh well, I will up my high score in Buzz Lightyear! Everyone stay close the fireworks are about to start!
10:15 p.m. Ok, everyone is getting out of dodge, let's go to Fantasyland! Let's ride Dumbo! Peter Pan! Snow White and all of those rides. Let's ride the storybook canal ride and Casey Jr! Let's ride small world again. Let's hop on the Nemo subs and the Matterhorn again. FINE! Let's ride stupid Space Mountain. I will go kill Zerg with Connor. :)
12 a.m. - You thought you were leaving because the rides are done? Oh no. Now it's time to shop my friends! Woohoo! Let's get a t-shirt, or a cool pen! Let's find something for someone who didn't get to come. No, I am not buying you candy.
1:30 a.m. - Hit the hay. That was a wild and crazy day!
:)
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment