Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Surgery Follow Up

Let me start off by saying that I am a chronic under exaggerator. I have discovered that I suffer from kidney stones and I was just brushing it off as a kidney infection. Those suckers are painful and I try everything I can to avoid the doctor!

When I got my tubes tied I gained 10 lbs. Big deal, right? 10 lbs isn't too bad at all and I lost it when I did my cleansing diet. Heck, I got to my lowest weight since jr. high on that diet. Then I backslided and gained it all back and I've been hovering here ever since. So, of course I am afraid to go to the dr when I have this extra on my body! I put off going to my follow up appointment for nearly 6 months. I rescheduled it 4 times and I was scared to death this morning to show up there and be heavier than last year. All in all it didn't go too badly. They give me some tips and information about my beloved diet soda and then dropped what I feel like is going overboard. They want me to come back in 3 months AND they are scheduling an appointment for me to see the nutritionist. Like I said, I feel like that's overboard! It's 10 lbs and I should be able to take care of this myself........like the kidney stones.

The truth is I really can't take care of this myself. I have a scale. I have the tools. I know when team jab goes on AND I have all kinds of kinect exercise games I could play. I have meal plans and I know what not to eat and to not eat and drink at the same time. I have chosen to disregard all of that stuff and just sit on my tired behind and let the extra just sit on my body. There was so much more to say, too. I want to talk about extra skin. I want to talk about the fact that I feel like I'm still 300 pounds. I couldn't do that because my weight gain is a huge boulder sitting in my path.

So, I took their advice. I scheduled my appointment for a follow up in October. I am going to give up diet soda (for good this time). I'm going to stop drinking and eating. I am going to grill the hell out of the nutritionist so that I can cook for the whole family instead of giving my kids what they want and everybody is going to get what they get and they better not throw a fit.

October 24th will be an interesting day. I hope I give that soda up for good...unless I mix it with some vodka. Cuz you know Mel loves her some vodka! lol

No comments: