Ok, so Annie told me to update my blog so here it goes.
I had a blast torturing Beka for her bachelorette party. Operation get Beka wasted was a success. I can safely say I have never been that drunk. I never want to be that drunk, either. She was an open book. I got WAY too much information about her and Kurt! She had fun, though. I am happy she had fun because I felt so guilty for getting her so drunk! I guess the party is coming up here to visit some 18 and up clubs next month! My whole thing is that it is fine if she comes up and we go clubbing, but she needs to go right back on down that night. I don't want her silly behind crashing at my house! She is not a good house guest! lol
Right now I'm struggling with raising kids that have a good attitude. I have no idea how to teach Megan to be grateful for what she gets in life. I haven't spanked the kids in a good long while. I don't want to spank them, but threatening them with spankings works! I want something else. I want well behaved kids, but I'm not sure how to get them! Jared and I have this book that I borrowed from my wonderful therapist. It's called Positive Discipline. I think this is going to help a LOT, but I am going to actually have to sit down and read it!
Megan is a good kid, don't get me wrong. She just doesn't have a lot of empathy for other people. She doesn't care that her sister will give up a treat so that Megan has one. She just takes it and expects it. I don't know where to change that for her. Hopefully she will turn a corner and that light bulb will come on.
Kayleigh is a sweet kid. She just doesn't listen. Then when she gets in trouble for doing something I told her not to do she breaks my heart with all of her emotions!
Connor is "willful" according to Jared. He's just curious in my opinion! I keep reading how kids start saying "no" to their parents around this age. Connor doesn't. If I do scold him he sticks his lip out, so of course I tackle him and hug him and kiss him until he laughs. I don't know if that's the right thing or not, but that's what I've been doing!
Now if I could just get Jared to behave! Consistency is his problem. I always have to be the consistent one so that he can be consistently inconsistent! I just need the kids to have good structure and Jared and I are terrible about that.
Why am I writing all of this? I guess it's just weighing on my mind lately. I'm just feeling like I have no idea how to be a parent sometimes. I just try reasoning with the kids all the time. One day that will work, right?? I hope so!
In other news...Team Jab. I am back at it and I love it. This is the kind of structure I need. Exercising down candy cane lane was amazing and amazingly hard and then ANOTHER workout after running 1.5 miles, doing 100 burpees, and like 75 shoulder presses with a fire hose. Right now I'm so proud that I did it. I really enjoyed going with Jared. That was our first time together. I want to do it again! I want to get fit! I am addicted!
Christmas is coming soon. I wish we could do some travelling, but it looks like no Reno for New Year's this year. :( Sad! Gotta get that deposit for all 5 of us to go on a cruise in October! Should be SO FUN!!!
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yEA you updated!! go mel, go mel.. you can do it.. get funky!
( you can totally hear me singing right?!)
yes operation get becka wasted WAS SOO FUN!! im so glad i got to go!!!! and im SOOO GLAD precious jenea finalllyyy made her puke it all up! thank God for janea!!
your family is soo precious!!! post more pics soon!! and share your blog on facebook!!! **wagging my finger at you**
your an amazing patient mom!! with loving careing HUMAN kids...! they don't know how to be kids, any more than we know how to be parents! lol.... we all learn daily sister!
love you to pieces!!!
Post a Comment