Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Team JAB

Well, I didn't really make any New Year's Resolutions this year. Getting tipsy at Jaime's house made me forget! Jared has been bugging me for a LONG time to go and get into the Team JAB thing he did a few months ago. I couldn't do it when he did because I was hugely pregnant and let's be honest, Jennifer Alcorn scares the bejeezus out of me. Just knowing that if I piss her off I could get knocked out makes me very careful. I finally got an exercise buddy (Raechel) and we tried it out.


OH MY LORDY. I went to a beginner class on a Tuesday night. I had to lay in the wet grass at a few different points during the exercises. We did this thing called the Tabata Protocol. Seriously look that crap up. It is REALLY tough, but at the same time you do these high intesity exercises for 20 seconds. 20 seconds and you get a 10 second break, so I reasoned with myself to really push it because I can do anything for 20 seconds (like when I was in labor. you get a break after each contraction). I looked before I hit the ground once and noticed a worm and I tossed it out of the way. Normally I would scream and make Jared get it, so I felt a little tough. The next day I was SO sore I could barely move. I wanted to cancel the Thursday class, but Jared and Raechel convinced me to go again. I was STILL sore all over, but I did my best. Then I went back to another Tuesday, then another Tuesday, then a Monday, now a Wednesday. I am getting addicted. I am noticing muscles. I even see a few stomach muscles showing up! It is torture, but I love it and it is working!! My goal is 3 times a week.


Ok, so it is crazy and my anxiety goes sky high when I think the teacher is looking at me, but I keep plugging along at it. Why would I do this? Well, I had my gastric bypass surger almost 2 years ago. I have been left with some extra skin and I want to see how much of this I can tighten and tone up with exercise. I can't afford hot yoga, I never get motivated enough to do my exercise videos, and the gym is too expensive. A pay as you go $3 per class boot camp is just what I needed!! I can't wait to see what happens in a couple of months of regular boot camps. I hope it's a mighty change! :)

2 comments:

debiekay said...

Mel, glad to see you so health focused. You have 3 beautiful reasons to stay healthy and happy.

2010 was a full year for you and I'm so proud of you and all that you have overcome and accomplished. 30 years old, 10 years married and 3 kids as well as lots of family drama.

I miss the closness we used to share but life is never perfect.I love you, think of you and yours often. I wish 2011 to be even a better year for you and your wonderul family!!

Love Ya, Aunt d

Melnyrose said...

Thanks Aunt D!! I miss you and all this exercise reminds me of going with you to Lifestyles! :)