Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August!

One more month and little Connor will be here! I am super excited to meet him. I conveniently look past the whole hospital part and am looking forward to having him here and getting to know him! Well, I already feel like I know him, but I want to hear him, snuggle him, avoid getting peed on, and all of that!

Regrets at this point are not being more active. I have let the heat outside hold me back instead of finding other ways to be active and healthy. I am glad that I have gained the perfect amount of weight this time around, but my slothful ways are going to get me into trouble when I go into labor. So, in this last month we are walking around the block at night. It's about 20 minutes worth of activity right now. I am getting off of the candy kick, too. It may have been easy to keep weight gain to a minimum when all of my insides are squished, but I need to get back to my healthy living after this kid is born so I can lose the weight! Sugar addictions are the WORST!

We are doing some last minute fun stuff before little Spike gets here. Sunday we took a little day trip up to Dinkey Creek. I spent time up there when I was a kid, but we were never allowed to play in the creek! Fish, yes, play? no! The kids had a GREAT time. The water was COLD, but refreshing. We are thinking about camping up there next year. This Sunday we are going to hit the beach for the day. I'm a little more excited about this. The reason isn't because I love the beach so much more than the mountains (this is true, too, though), but I keep falling every time I do anything river related! I barely saved the camera at Dinkey Creek and those dumb rocks are slippery. Sand is decidedly NOT slippery, though. :)

Pictures of our adventures are coming soon! Back to school is coming. My little Manchester GATER is ready for her 3rd grade adventures and Kayleigh is excited to start preschool!

No comments: